If all goes as planned, we will release Manjaro 0.8.2 on the 27th of October. To find any regressions in our current testbuild I'm releasing 0.8-r1011 as Manjaro 0.8.2pre2 so we can fix stuff before 0.8.1rc1 will hit our servers.
Manjaro 0.8.2pre2 introduces EFI, GUID Partition Table, btrfs and nilfs2 support. Our x86_64 editions only support EFI-boot for now. With this release we have also Gnome and KDE to choose from.
This release is mainly for developer and testers, not recommended for end-users.
Since we rewrote our CLI installer, we expect some issues with it. If you can’t manage to install Manjaro you might want to update our installation framework:
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarodev/files/testbuild/0.8.2pre2/update-setup.sh/download -O update-setup.sh chmod a+x update-setup.sh sudo ./update-setup.sh
Test those images and report back any bugs or regressions you might find. You can download 0.8.2pre2 from here. Latest Network Edition can be found here. Please check your download with our provided sum-check-files (open them with any editor).
Changes in 0.8-r1011 (0.8.2pre2)
- Installer: add support for btrfs, nilfs, luks, lvn, gpt, efi, software-raid
- Installer: enable network configuration
- Installer: add syslinux bootloader and grub2-efi
- Installer: enable harddisk encryption
- Installer: autoscrolling added – now the next step get automatically chosen.
- Installer: fixed autoscrolling
- Installer: fixed bug in config files editing
- Livecd-Script: added depmod
- Packages: add more system setting applications
- Sysmenu: romanian translation added
- Preview-build for i686-Gnome/KDE/XFCE released as iso file
- Preview-build for x86_64-Gnome/KDE/XFCE released as iso file
Posted in: general