If all goes as planned, we will release Manjaro 0.8.2 on the 27th of October. To find any regressions in our current testbuild I'm releasing 0.8-r1007 as Manjaro 0.8.2pre1 so we can fix stuff before 0.8.1rc1 will hit our servers.
This build has most fixes in stuff we missed in 0.8.1. Manjaro 0.8.2pre2 will introduce stuff like EFI-Support, GPT-Partitiontable support, btrfs and nilfs2 support and other new stuff comming to 0.8.2 release.
This release is mainly for developer and testers, not recommended for end-users.
Changes in 0.8-r1007 (0.8.2pre1)
- Bugfix: proper /etc/skel copy to /root
- Installer: basic support for btfrs added
- Installer: enable vconsole and locale setup
- Libmhwd: busIDs are now converted from hex to int.
- MHWD: added support for early kms loading and uvesafb framebuffer usage on nonfree drivers
- Overlay: enable bluetooth.service
- Overlay: remove .fonts.conf since it is depreciated
- Packages: remove plymouth, add simple-scan, blueman
- Packages: add x64 audio/sound pkgs, testdisk
- Profile: Gnome – add nautilus-plugins
- Profile: XFCE – add notification-daemon
- System: Add systemd readahead
- System: Disable rankmirrors – uk server is default now
Posted in: general